CAMPUZ BUZZ(9991+ members)

Quote of the day
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any"
–Alice Walker


Campuz Buzz(9991+members) ENGINEERS FROM INDIA,BANGLADESH,PAKISTHAN and many other countries

Must Watch...!
How to overcome fear?
-By sandeep maheshwari
http://youtu.be/cKOUQcWvAAQ

For Gretipsforyou Facebook Page GretipsforyouFaceBook
click the link CAMPUZ BUZZ
for vocabulary click link GRE Vocabulary

Sunday 27 October 2013

Visa Experiences (STEP 6)

click the link CAMPUZ BUZZ
for vocabulary click link GRE Vocabulary
:::Visa Experiences :::
POST YOUR Visa Experiences AND  HELP OTHERS 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kNsvhtR8cy3hb3ZiMypJohxesOwQJnar6NGQR5mjOT8/viewform

BEST VISA INTERVIEW,NEVER GIVE UP :)

Visa approved in third attempt.
First two rejection were in chennai for fall 2013
Profile: GRE:292,TEOFL:80, GPA:8.55/10(no backlogs)...i went with bradley university i20(only one admit)
In my first interview the VO asked my university and GPA..she didnt ask my GRE and TOEFL scores..she was busy typing and told sorry. I was really shocked . I know my gre and toefl are moderate. But she didn't ask my scores. she just rejected me based on GPA and university.
In my second interview the officer my gre score and some casual questions and told me sorry. Then i asked him what's the reason for rejection. He replied me no specific reason sir. I can't issue your visa this time....
But i didn't move from the window and i requested him once again for the reason. After few seconds he told me to make some changes in my application and he also suggested me to reapply

I was disappointed. But i didn't give up. I'm very thankful to my second VO because he hinted me to reconsider my application and make some changes .I came home and i realized that i should get into a better university and improve my GRE and TOEFL scores. These are the only changes i can make in my profile bcoz my acads are pretty good.

So, I just checked for GRE and TOEFL slots. I scheduled my GRE on october 4,2013. i couldn't manage to get a TOEFL slot. So i went for IELTS and booked my IELTS slot on september 7th ,2013. After few days i heard that some additional slots were opened in chennai for TOEFL. So i booked TOEFL slot on oct 27th immediately

I applied to wichita state university,wright state university, University of texas at tyler and Oklahoma state university for spring 2014 with my old profile. before applying i told them that i'm retaking my GRE and TOEFL.

My new test scores are as follows:
GRE: 298,AWA:3
IELTS:6.5
TOEFL :89

Meawhile i got into Wirght state university, wichita state university, University of texas at tyler before giving my GRE and TOEFL. I got my admits with my old profile

I decided to go with wichita state unviersity.

Finally I made all the possible changes. I changed the university, improved my GRE and TOEFL and i scheduled my Visa interview on nov 15,2013 8am slot in hyderabad. But i was really hopeless bcoz i was rejected twice

Finally my day has come. my VI went this way. IT was for 3 minutes

Window:15,token B117.I was the second candidate in the window

ME: Gd mrng sir. How are u(no reply from him)
VO: pass me your passport and i20(he scanned my passport and he was busy reading comments regarding my previous rejections. He didn't talk to me for 50 seconds)
Later after reading he saw my i20 and asked me why wichita state university.
ME: The first thing i was looking is the course curriculum offered by the university. It is more in line with my area of interest and the other thing is wichita has more research are facilities in my flied of interest which helps me to do high level projects during my masters. (he didn't look at me . He was busy typing something)
VO: when did u passout?
ME:recently sir. april 2013
VO: ur UG%
ME: we have a GPA system sir and my GPA is 8.55 on the scale of 10
VO: so what are the changes u made after your rejectionat chennai (I'm eagerly waiting for this question bcoz i made three major changes..university.gre and toefl)
ME: My last application was on july 2nd. After my visa rejection i felt that the officer was not very much satisfied with my credentials and he hinted me towards my reconsidering my application. So i went back and i felt that i should get into a better university . For that i have to improve my GRE and TOEFL. I managed to get GRE and TOEFL slot and i improved my gre from 292 to 298 and toefl from 80 to 89. (I didnt talk to him about IELTS...he didnt look at me ..he was busy typing something)
VO:place your right hand four fingers on the scanner
ME: placed
VO:okay..you can remove now
ME:waiting ..waiting..waiting..
VO: After 15 seconds he told me you are done and he returned my i20
Me: (i was shocked and i stood for 5 seconds without any reaction.then he looked at me). I thanked him twice
Vo:it's okay.no problem ...you can leave now.

The VO might be busy typing bcoz he has to overcome the previous officer's rejection .I got a senior officer this time. HE is around 35-40..my first two VO's were young officers(below 30). The thing is that senior officers can easily overcome junior officers .Where as a junior officer can't overcome senior officer's decision. Bcoz in my second interview officer went to ask other officer whether to issue visa or not. He carried all my documents.. This time i prayed god that i should get senior officer and i'm lucky to have a senior officer third time

I came out..payed courier fee and i stepped out of the consulate . I ran to my dad saying that my i got my visa. He was very happy 

So guys don't give up. Even if u are rejected don't get disappointed. i was disappointed for 1 month and later i realized that i need to work hard. I started the entire process again...applying to the unviesities..Preparing or IETLS, GRE,TOEFL..2 months ..3 exams..finally I'm done  and i thank all my family members and friends for supporting me
All the best guys 
Give your best 

:::Visa Interview 1:::
VO: Good morning.Me: Good morning sir.
VO: Why r u going to US?Me: Sir I have been working for the past 3 years now. I always wanted to do research and I think this is the best timeto pursue my goals as I have the valuable industry experience and good academic background to support me as well.
VO: Hmmm. but why only this university.Me: Infact sir I have got admits to other universities as well and….
VO: Which are the other universities.ME: (I told him the list)
VO: Ok. So what’s special about this university U R going to.Me: Sir, I have interacted with quite a few graduate students at all the universities and I realize that this university.I am going to has state of the art research facilities.
VO: Ok. So who is going to sponser ur education.Me: My parents sir.
VO: Whats ur dad’s annual income.I thought he said family….Me: Sir X Lakhs.
VO: Thats ur dad’s income?Me: Oh No sir. Thats my parents income. My dad’s income is YLakhs/PA.He gives me a stare. Looks at me in disbelief.Looks thru my papers….Me: I point out the various documents in proof of Y lakhs/PA.
VO: Where is ur bank transaction statement.Me: I show him the printout which has the transactions.Finds a letter which states that I work for Tata Infotech Limited.
VO: Oh. U work for Tata’s?Me: Yes sir. For the past 3 years.
VO: So Tatas is sponsoring ur education?Me: No sir. Tata’s dont sponser higher education.
VO: But Tata’s are very very rich.Me: (just laughed)Just passes all the documents below the window and says go and pay the visa fees at the counter.

:::Visa Interview 2:::

VISA APPROVED.

Date: 04-12-2013
Consulate: Hyderabad
Slot: 8.30 am
Token - E229
Counter: 14

Profile: GRE 290 (137V, 153Q), IELTS 6.5,
Undergrad 71.87% ,zero backlogs,ECE
University: ARKANSAS TECH UNIV.
Major: Information Tech.

( While my token 229 was flashed,I reminded MILKA SINGH's pakisthan race scene in mind,was big fan of farhan and bhaagh milka bhaag movie 
"INNER VOICE: A aapki zindhagi ki aakree race ho sakthi hai
ME : dhow-dunga be vaisey hee"
Then i was recharged like anything )

Me: Good Morning Sir,How are you?(with big smile)
VO: Very Good Morning(he was around 25-35,he was cool and smiling)

VO: Pass Me Your I20 And Passport.
Me: Passed

VO: So Information Tech ,Why?
ME:Me always interested in computers and information tech in UG,so build intrest in that,and Learned photoshop on my own,attented work shops relating to VFX and MOBILE app's development,and attented intensive 5 weeks training in web-designing,so i though i can make my career good way ,so choose IT

VO:Why Arkansas Tech Univ?
ME:Good univ with good cirriculum,and inspired from ROGER FAN and DAVID MIDDLETON professor's way of teaching and also contacted Lianne Thompson -Assistant Director,so they helped me in knowing about the univ better(VO was totally satisfied)

VO:Good,do you have friends in this univ?
Me:Actually contacted seniors and INDIA STUDENT FORUM's President and Vice President at ATU
VO:Oh,thats very good

VO: What about your Undergraduate ?
Me: 71.87 with first class distinction(me actually Btech -ECE,MS IT,so i thought why branch shift from VO,so din mention my branch when he asked abt UG)
VO:Oh,very nice(He was almost satified with anwers I was giving)

VO:Tell me about Arkansas state and russellville
where it is located(like urban,sub-urban,city)?
ME:(I thought VO will ask this for sure,but I forgot to prepare for this question)
started some blah blah and came to main point,my univ is in village
arkansas has good climate,cool and have mountains area,and a river,good people and located near to texas and other good states :D(added all stuff when i seeing univ in google map's)

VO:okay,nice,and what after MS?
ME.I'M more connected to my parents and India,and I will be back here after MS

VO:Thats okay,but what your future plan,I mean in career point of view
ME:Oh,okay,I will back to India and work for some company,then start my own company and provide employment to Indian Youth,I want to be Independent
and an entrepreneur
(when i said my own company and provide employment,
he was like OH MY GOD,GREAT,he was approving my visa)

VO:oh,nice,many people say just i will work for some company and end conversation,and dont open up anything,but you spoke well,good,
HAVE A HAPPY STAY IN USA,please place your right hand fingers

ME:Was on "cloud nine",was feeling happy,Rocked interview like never before

“Hard Work, Will Power, and Dedication!
Jisme yeh teen cheez ho woh zameen se aashman chhu sakta hai.
-MILKA SINGH”
Truely Inspired from MILKA SINGH

:::Visa Interview 3:::
 20/06/2013Profile: Gre:298(154 Q, 144V)IELTS:6.0Acads:74%
University: Northwest Missouri State universityJust coming to the points, no addding blah blah stuffThe Visa officer asked me these questionsWhich University?Why this University?What are the other admits you got so far?Why this university compared to other universities?What's your family income?That's it!!! The only thing i can say is Visa doesn't matter, it's quite tough situation later. So, choose a wise university. Come with a hope. Try to match all your requirements and match your university.
 Useful TipsAlways remember, Visa is just a part of the play!!! Things you need to know before you go to the visa1. Be confident, It matters a lot!!2. Just try to make a note of your negatives and positives( Low profile or Low acads) or (High prof or Low gre).3. Try to make points regarding the relevant university you choose, just go to the official college website and make a note regarding your university.4.Do not panic, don't get nervous during the Interview. Just go as you were going for a T20 match. Hit Sixes and come home, and pack up your bags!!! Cos you are on the game!!Good Luck!! Everyone

:::Visa Interview 4:::
 PROFILE: 290/6/78%
 VI ON OCTOBER 17THHYDERABAD CONSULATECOUNTER NUMBER: 11HE IS AN INDIAN MUSLIM WITH AMERICAN ACCENTTIME: 8:30AM
HERE GOES MY VISA INTERVIEW
ME: GOOD MRNG SIRVO: GOOD MRNGVO: GIVE ME PP & I-20ME: GAVEVO: WHY THIS UNIVERSITY(NWMSU)ME: THIS PROVIDES THE CURRICULUM ACCORDING TO MY AREA OF INTEREST. THE CURRICULUM PROVIDED BY THIS UNIVERSITY IS EXCELLENT & IT ALSO OFFERS FEW INTER DISCIPLINARY COURSES.MORE OVER IT IS A NATIONAL LEADER IN PROVIDING BOTH STUDENT SATISFACTION & DEGREE COMPLETION.VO: PLACE UA WRITE HAND FOUR FINGERS ON THE SCANNERVO: WHO ARE YOUR SPONSORS?ME: MY PARENTSVO: WHAT THEY ARE DOING?ME: BUSINESSVO: OK, UA VISA IS APPROVED :)Useful Tips1.ALWAYS TRY TO CHOOSE MORNING SLOTS.2.LUCK MATTERS MORE, BUT BE CONFIDENT ENOUGH.3.HAVE FEW MOCK INTERVIEWS BEFORE GOING.4.BETTER TO HAVE COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY (GO THROUGH THE WEBSITE)

:::Visa Interview 5:::
Consulate-MumbaiStatus-approved!!!
VO was very sweet lady..approved all the visas.
VO-gud morning sirMe-gud morning ma'am..how r u?VO-m gud thank u..pass me ur passport(Passed my passport n I-20)VO- which uni?Me-uni of Illinois at SpringfieldVO-y this uni?Me-told about the courseRankingAnd how did I find this uniVO-how r u going to fun ur education?Me-my father is going to sponsor for my education and then bank savings n al that stuffVO-what does he do?Me-toldVO-how many admits n rejects?Me-got admit from all the unisVO-great..that's awesomeOkay fine m approving ur visa..!!!!!!!!!Useful TipsGuys..don't be nervous...don't give theoretical answers....greet them...be confident.....DONT LIE....look gud...they r very sweet ppl..Just chill n go..don't think much...It's just an interview yaar...Al d best:))

:::Visa Interview 5:::

Profile: 301(161+140),IELTS 6.5,BTECH-79%-EE,,,
 
ADMIT: university of south florida....Consulate: HyderabadDate: 29th octSlot Time: 8:30amToken no.:E 167Counter:11Vo is like spartan ...
Me : gud mor sir,how are you today,Vo: gud mor,doing good thank you, how about youme: doing great, thank you sirVo: pass me your docs.me: passed my passport and i20Vo: undergradute college??me: pardon vo : undergradute college??me; JNTUVo: GRE??Me : 301Vo : backlogs??Me: no sirrrr.... (proudly)Vo: percentage??Me: 79% (again proudly) Vo:why usf??Me: Usf has very good course curriculum for electrical and electronic engineering. it has a dedicated lab for EE... (vo interrupted )Vo: again GRE??me: 301Vo: place your left hand fingersVo: your visa is approved,enjoy your stay in usaMe: thank you sir,you made my day..
while coming out from embassy remembered all the hard work i dont for this.. right from applying for birth certificate to paying sevis fee....felt happy... thank you to one and all..... many helped me directly or indirectly....  
unvi applied :1.University Of Massachusetts-Lowell (admit)2.University of North Carolina Charlotte(reject)3.University of South Florida(admit)4.University of North Texas (admit)5.Northern Illinois University-deklab(admit)

:::Visa Interview 5:::
Hyderabad-5/11/2013
Slot -9:00 AM
Counter-15
token-E216
Status--Approved..!!
VISA officer--25 to 30 years young man
me : good morning sir
vo : good morning
me : passed my i20 and passport
vo : oh university of colorado
me : yes sir
vo : why this univ?
me : sir this univ offers good course curriculum
vo : what is your under graduate %?
me : 76% sir
vo : what is your gre?
me : 294 sir
vo: what is ur father?
me : xxxxx
and then finally golden words came out "your visa is approved .have a nice stay"
interview lasted for less than 1 min but waited for more than 1 hour in a queue. really thanks to one and all who supported me and special thanks VmapU for your support, guidence

1 comment:

  1. GRE PREPARATION GUIDE
    https://www.facebook.com/GrePreparationGuide

    ReplyDelete

Infolinks